Saturday, September 09, 2006


Speaking of the Murphys someone sent me some MP3s of their guy playing the chanter. I have not known many groups that play the chanter. I would imagine they have a bit of Irish influence. Still, it is nice to hear the old instruments being use in modern music.

Not much knitting was acomplished today. I did come across a Sci Fi knit a long. I submitted a request to join. It is getting to the point that I am writting about knitting nearly as much as I am knitting. Perhapse I should start a zine or something.

Anyway this knit along uses picture of sci fi charaters to respresent the various members. Judging by the pictures I would be the first male in the group so that gives me some possibilities. I went with old standard Captain Kirk, a young Captain Kirk. At first I was considering Dr. Who but which one. Then there was Han Solo a space Pirate would go well for. For those that know I am working on my own sci fi novel I did think about using the hero from my book. Well one I don't have any picture and she is a woman.

Any way they have used Star Trek, Farscape, Red Dwarf, Lord of the Kings, Buffy, Queen of the Damned, Futurerame, Battal Star Galactica and even the Fritc Lang Movie Metropolis for their pictures. I don't think I have seen a group of women into sci fi like that. And if you were able to pick out those sources from the collection of photos that were theren then you to are as big a geek as I am. Well if any one has a suggestions I am always open to it.

Bellow is some more Savage Chicken. I used the Klingon one yesterday. Well this is funny as well.

It bring up a nagging fear that I have always had about Meg Ryan. I don't know, she just scares me a bit. Perhapse it is because I am a Dennis Quaid fan. Well that you got mail movie bothers me on multiple levels for reason that I will not go into. She beat up Billy Crystal for an entire movie. I know that it is the writters fault. Still, she spends a great deal of time beating up her male counterparts in her movies. Maybe I have been forced to watch Sleepless in Seatle too many times. My wife has a rigged up dentist's chair with shackles that she uses to forces me to watch it. I think there are subliminal messages init that makes people want to date jerks. And I am certainit works on women and men.

Well, be careful out there and keep you stick on the ice.

No comments:

Follow me at zeeppo on the twitter gizmo