Thursday, September 28, 2006

Sawzall and Open Knitters

Today has been very cathartic for me and my blog. I spent a couple hours fixing a few of the links to my web rings. I also added a few links and created a couple new problems that I will fix later when I get around to it. By the way if anyone has a web ring they think I should join let me know. I am surprise by the number of people that stop by this blog.

I was wondering if people came to this blog through web rings or the Pittsburgh Knitting site. Maybe they are coming from the other blogs I submit to. Or perhaps there are some people out there that put some really strange stuff into the search engines and they came up with my blog. Either way I am not sure why I am curious about it.

I would like to understand the dynamic of the knitting cyberworld. There are a lot of creepy things out in the virtual world. The knitting virtual world appears to be untouched by that. I find that interesting.

I wonder what has moved so many people that they have the need to share. Maybe it is because I come from a world that there are so many secrets. There is an openness in the knitting world that does not exist in many other places. Like the Circus there is an odd mix of functionality and artistic talent. I had though that openness was due to the fact that there were not many people making a buck off of knitting. I suppose the truth is there are more people making a living off of yarn than face paint and juggling. So profit is involved in both.

I suppose there is not the ego that is common elsewhere. I don’t know I will have to consider this more.

By the way I think the next stop on my world tour will be the 61C CafĂ© next Wednesday. That would be for the Material Girl’s Knitting group. I have not found an email for a person in charge so I will have to go unannounced. Well except for stating it here. Since there are only two people that read this that probably does not count as an announcement. And if you are either of my avid readers I thank you for your attention. It makes up for the pony I did not get as a child. So the good knitters of Squirrel Hill be warned. I and my olive green tote will be visiting you. Perhaps, I should not say that ahead of time. They might cancel.

The Police just went off the Yahoo radio and now it is Stan Getz. I love the internet. Since I do not have the money to program my own radio station it is nice to have the internet version. I wonder if there is a way to pipe that good music into my blog. That would be nice. It would be like experinceing part of my single window subterranean world for yourself. Why you ask would you want to. I don’t know, I like it.

I have ranged far and wide without talking about what I am knitting. The black bag was worked on today and much was accomplished with the fixing of the blog and adding new gizmos. I wonder if I can get tee shirts printed for the world tour. That would be cool.

By the way I do read everyone’s comments and I too tear up at plumbing supplies and lumber. Oh Oh and a new Makita Sawzall, especially a Sawzall cutting pipe. I have to go and find a hanky.

Bellow is some Savage Chicken. Be safe out there and keep your stick on the ice. And happy Rabbit Day.

3 comments:

Stephieface said...

If you plan your world tour ahead of time you could add upcoming "shows" like on a concert tee.

velmalikevelvet said...

i found your blog via your comments on natasha's blog. i've been enjoying both very much.

Kaity said...

I see no Savage Chicken.

I came upon your blog from the Punk Rock Knit Girls, and I bookmarked it, So I'll be back.

Follow me at zeeppo on the twitter gizmo