Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Knitting Today

I am used to being stopped on the bus or in public while I am knitting. It has come to the point that it does not bother me when people ask me silly questions about knitting. Today I was sitting on the bus and a young man looked over to me and asked if I like what I was doing. The thing was that I was not knitting, I was reading a book. Well, I suppose there is one on every bus.

Knitting is going on as always. The black bag is creeping along.

I am also working on a juggling sweater. I do not know where my old one is and winter is coming around again. It is just like any button up Mr. Roger’s type sweater. I am not sure what color it should be. I am leaning toward red hear mexicana. The ones I had were acrylic. Just warm enough to take the chill off but not enough to make one sweaty while juggling. This sweater also has very large ribbed cuffs. They are made so the sweater is tight around the forearms. It may not be a fashion statement, still, it is helpful for juggling.

The sweater also has shoulder loops. I am not sure if I am going to do the rank thing with my troop yet. If we do then we will need them. Other wise they are not much of a fashion statement. Although, tradition may win out even if they are not needed.

It is nice working on making something that will need a pattern. I have not written a pattern in a while. With the black bag, scarves and the odd little project I have not really made anything that complicated recently. It will be nice to do something like this.

The booklets for the knitting church knitting is also coming along slowly. I have been working on the section about how to knit. I have a little more typing on the section on knitting equipment and then that should be out of the way. All and all it is shaping up nicely. I think it should be thrown together in no time.

Well I don’t have much to report this evening. Tomorrow is another knitting group. I have not decided what knitting group to go to on my world tour next. When I do I will post.

Be safe out there and keep your stick on the ice.

No comments:

Follow me at zeeppo on the twitter gizmo