Sunday, September 03, 2006

Another very nice day was had at Charity Knitting. I am half way through a blue baby blanket made from super chunky Galaxy yarn. I MENSA group dropped by to take a feild trip. There were no men with them. Apparently intelect is not enough to get over the male knitting phobia.

The new set of casters on my knitting case are working well. Well it is really not a knitting case. It is a large rolling tackle box for fishing. Still, it is a manly color. In addition it has large open spaces and not the cute little boxes insdie of boxes that most craft cases have. Since I already have made cases and holdersz for my needles and other euqipment this works best for me. And it is not pink or powder blue.

Speaking of pink I put a couple more inches on the pink scarf for my Neice/God Daughter. It is your basic 2 by 2 ribbed pattern. It is excelent practice for ribbing. And it is Pink. I will make sure to get pictures for the Punk Rock Girls they are all about pink. It looks as if they are starting a gift exchange. That could be very interesting. Although it would give me chance to use a skull and cross bone pink bag pattern that I have. I am not sure why I have this pattern but I do. Perhapse it is all part of a greater knitting plan that I am only a small part of.

One thing I have noticed about the Punk Rock Knit Girls is even though they fly the Jolly Roger there is not mention of Pirates. I should ask why there is a lack of Pirates on the blog. Perhapse they are more into the knitting and punk rock. Or maybe they beat up the Pirates and stole their flag. I will sepnd more time on this late on the Punk Rock Knit Girls Blog.

I am also thinking of having these little pictures beside each entry in the area I am talking about. Perhapse even color coding the entries. There is no good reason for me to state this. In addition it is probably a silly idea. Still that is the story of my life. I should probably also break down and get photoshop on my home computer so I can made a little picture thingy for Hive Knitting.

Also on another knitting front a complete idea has formed around knitting booklet that would be used during presentations aimed at getting people knitting for our Shelter. The Booklet would have a section on how to knit. Suggestions about types of yarn to use. And I am hoping about thirty public domain or original patterns. A very nice Lady from the Wednesday Group at the Water Front has agree to deisign a hat and scarf set. I am about to finish up a basic baby blanket in Super Chunky and am working on a simple sweater for todlers. If any one has suggestion please let me know. You can email me or post on this blog.

Well Be safe out there and keep your stick on the ice.

3 comments:

Stephieface said...

Mittens is my vote for what should be in the booklet thing. Definately mittens.

Z said...

I am just looking for a good pattern that i do not have to pay to publish.

Unknown said...

hey found you while randomizing the pittsburgh knitters blogring-i was the one dragging people along on the field trip.

i'm sure we have male knitters in mensa, they just didn't come on our "craft and complain" journey. Their loss!

Follow me at zeeppo on the twitter gizmo