Wednesday, September 20, 2006

My Young Apprentice and Mexicana

A lovely day was had at knitting at the Water Front. My young apprentice is casting off and on, knit and purl stitches all the things a good knitter should be doing. He is currently working on a checked swatch, life is good. After this swatch he should be starting his first project. I am not sure he wants to do. Still, I am sure it will be good no matter what it is.

The black bag creeps along at it’s snail like pace. I still, hope to live long enough to see is completed.

On the up side I did find some mexicana colored yarn today. I did not see it on the Red Heart web site and it had not been in stores for a while. This is good I need to make a new clown sweater and this is the yarn you do it with. Well it is a yarn you can do it with. the ghost of Joseph Grimaldi will not come in kill me in my sleep if I use the wrong yarn. Well at least I don’t think it will. I suppose it is better to be on the safe side.

Another mile stone for an apprentice clown was met today as he bought his first set of make up. This is heart wrenching touching stuff if you are into clowning. I would be crying right now if I were not such a manly man.

On other knitting fronts my yarn stash continues to grow. My yarn is stored in milk crates. Over the next week I think I am going to have to add a couple more milk crates for yarn storage. I am going to stock pile as much mexicana as I can because it appears to be a seasonal yarn even though I have no proof of that. I am sure I will be filling at least one milk crate with it so that I can have an adequate stock of it for the next year. I will probably also start to stock some navy blue as well. Even though this is common I am beginning to form an idea of a uniform sweater and it will probably have blue in it. I will begin playing around with it when I have a couple more UFOs out of the way.

OBK is playing on the launchcast. it is a Spanish techno group I recently discovered. They are cool and have a great sound. I have not found out if they have done an English album yet. If their popularity has anything to do with their talent then they will cross the pond soon. Well Kidney Stew by Count Basie is coming on and I think this entry is beginning to wind down. Letterman will be on soon and all is right with the world, except for everything that is wrong.

Be safe out there and keep your stick on the ice.

3 comments:

Stephieface said...

I found a male knitter, who- provided I can get him off his young man catookus- I shall be sending your way.

I know your reaction to your apprentice buying makeup. I have the same reaction when I take newbies to buy PVC pipe and foam (for LARPing weapons). I do think its kinda funny though... you tear up with the makeup and I the plumbing supplies.
:D

Lady Dragonsinger said...

I have usually been able to find Red Heart Mexicana at most Walmarts in my area (Oklahoma) Also, try http://store.knitting-warehouse.com/yarn-coats-red-heart-super-saver.html

They are reasonable (competitve with the Walmart prices) and ship quickly ........very quickly.

Z said...

wow another amle knitter. If I can get the tall one and the German I will have the entire set. Cool

Follow me at zeeppo on the twitter gizmo