Saturday, September 02, 2006

Actual Knitting Stuff & Thanks Knit 1 & Women Knitters

Well I continue to knit even though I have been going on about a lot of things that have nothing to do with knitting. Although, I have been reading many many blogs about knitting that often have a great deal to do with many other things. I never fail to be amazed by the sort of people that are knitting out there. I am also surprised the the compassion that is out there for serving people. Many of the blogs I have visited are knitting for chartiy one way or another. Many are knitting for Children in Hospitals. As I and many others have observed babies enter the world with nothing except for a hat. I love the fact that you can have nothing and still you get a hat. I really like hats.

Still, I wanted to plug a group I attend in a fairly selfish way. It is after all my blog. And both of my fans tune in to hear me ramble on. On Sundays from 1 until 4 the generous people out a Knit 1 are kind enough to give yarn for people to come in a and knit thing for The Salvation Army Family Crisis Center here in Pittsburgh. This group has already produced a large box of items that will be put into use by families in need. I wish to thank them for their time and effort. Oh and go there and buy stuff. The place is huge and as a lot of stuff. They have a nice web site that I will be putting a link to soon.

I will be there late this week. The Corps is having a planning meeting and I have to be there. If any one does come I will be the one with the beard and the blue uniform. And proabably the only guy there.

As for my knitting the black bag continues and I am wondering what to knit next for Knit 1. I have a skein of Galaxy Yarn from the hat I did, perhapse a scarf. Or I could get some more Galaxy and do a baby blanket. I always love doing baby blankets especially in chunky yarn.

I would also like to note my membership with the Punk Rock Knit Girls. Everyone has been very nice there. Stephieface suggested that I join. Groups of men tend to compete with one another. When guys are blogging they talk about how their stuff is the best and that they are better than everyone else. This is not something that I have noticed on the female knitting blogs. Well I wanted to thank tem for the warm welcome. As for knitting things in pink I am working a scarf and mitten for my God Daughter and Neice.

Well be safe out there and keep you stick on the ice.

No comments:

Follow me at zeeppo on the twitter gizmo