Friday, September 29, 2006

?Dondes esta mi Photographias?

I have noticed that a lot of people state what book they are reading on their side bar. Does anyone care what book I am reading?

I wonder why people are interested in this. It is some ploy developed by the intelligencia? Perhaps it is a voyeuristic curiosity. Maybe it is just small talk for blogs. As always I am open to opinions. Oh and in case you are curious I am reading Sea Change by Robert B. Parker. I good read if you are into detective stories.

The Black Bag got another row or two today. I am glad to note my wife’s crocheted blanket is coming along well. I will post pictures of it when I have them.

Gorillaz is on the Yahoo Radio. I always thought they were a neat group. They have combined such different styles into a single piece of music. And their videos are something else as well. Any way I degrees. I could probably spend the entire evening saying what I think about the pieces of music that is playing on the radio.

Oh Oh Soraya is singing Solo Por Ti. I have always liked here as well. She has a great vocal range and sings with a soul that is uncommon in popular music Spanish or English. By the way I was walking around the South Side down near the tenth street bridge and a guy came up to me. He was pointing at a bus ticket and saying “Donde”.

My Spanish may not be perfect but I told him it was across the bridge and to the left. He thanked me and went on his way. An older gentleman suggested that I was encouraging them. I asked him how he was sure that I was not one of them. I suppose he meant someone that spoke Spanish or I guess Mexican.

I am a white male, which I suppose gives me the right to decide who them is. The older gentlemen was also a white male and it would appear that he was exercising his right to decide who them is as well. Why is it that anyone we do not feel is a part of us is them. When I last checked there was no official language in this country. So until there is we should not grumble about them not wanting to speak English. Even thought it is the language of Shakespeare it is not that great. It is one of the few word order languages and large numbers of it’s words were stolen from other languages. It does not sound as nice as Spanish. And by the way Spanish was the language of Cervantes. If it is that important take a lesson from Canada and put your language into law.

Interesting La Tortura by Shakira and Horatio what’s his name is on now. Hmmmmmm, a lot of Spanish tonight. I suppose it is the mystical power of the internet telling me that I am right. Sanz I think his last name is Sanz. He has a pretty good voice as well. He did a really cool song with Nelly Furtado. According to her bio she grew up in B.C. (British Columbia for the non Canadian knowing people) and her parents were Portuguese. I wonder where she picked up Spanish well enough to sound that good singing it. I bet the Spanish speakin folks were not them or they in her household growing up.

It looks as if I have not talked about knitting that much. If this is your first time visiting my blog I do talk about knitting, sometimes. Just look down the other entries there is talk about knitting. I just tend to wonder around when I have keyboard in front of me. I suppose it is good thing it is attached to my computer or I would physically wonder around as well.

Any ways Knit One Blog Too was accepted me as a member of their Web Ring. My never ending journey to get to know the knitting on the web takes another step forward. There should be an evil laugh at this point but I do not know how to type that. I have a good deep voice so don’t give me a girly maniacal laugh. If anyone has a ring they think I should join let me know.

And what is wrong with Blogger. I know it is free service, still, I should be able to post some pictures and not have to go through tons of aggravation to do it. By the way that is a really cool Sawzall cutting pipe bellow. I know you all agree with me. Stephieface posted about piping a while ago. I am all about the plumbing. I have a torch, Sawzall and even a big old pipe threader type tool. If you are into tools I know you are jealous. And don’t’ get me started on wrenches.

Well I have wasted enough Cyber space this evening. Be safe out there and keep your stick on the ice.

2 comments:

Craftybernie said...

Hiya! I noticed that you mention on your blog (quite a few times actually) that you can't post piccies. Is it like that all the time for you? Or do you have a specific problem, such as the images in your sidebar??

Curiouser and curiouser....

Z said...

It happens from time to time. I do not know why. Andif I use the pictures html address it usually but that is hassel

Follow me at zeeppo on the twitter gizmo