Tuesday, September 12, 2006

New Knitters and a Possible Fire Sale

Monday was a long day. We went to that fire at the Crazy Horse at the Great Southern Shopping Center. I am happy to report the Joann's is still standing and only has some minor smoke damadge. There may be some cheep yarn there now. So even fire is a good thing for knitting on occassion.

Hive Knitting marks a mile stone in my quest to get more men knitting. For the first time since I have been in the Circus I have been at a knitting group where there were more men tham women. And two of the men that were there had learned to knit recently. One was learning that evening. At that meeting another young lady was also learning to knit. Life is good.

Also with Hive Knitting we are going to start a blog for the knitting group. Any person that attends the group is welcome to post. We will be putting up picture of what we are working on and the fun times that we have there. I hope you stop by. We are setting it up now and will start posting at our next meeting.

The baby blanket is coming along nicely and will probably be done this week. The black bag is still creeping along as well. I am trying to figure out what pattern to put in the front flap. Thanks to the ladies at Punk Rock Knit Girls i am seriously considering a jolly roger. Well as always I am up for suggestions.

Bellow is some Savage Chicken

Be safe out there and keep your stick on the ice.

No comments:

Follow me at zeeppo on the twitter gizmo