Sunday, September 17, 2006

The Many Colors of Squirrel & and a 12 Step Program for Sheep

Unlike silly sheep that only come in three colors the squirrel come in many colors. From gray to black to brown to red and stripped.

Someone somewhere should be knitting with squirrel. As Monty Python might say they are cute and cuddly and ready to please.

People make paint brushes out of squirrel hair so why not yarn. It may not be very soft still it would be really cool. "What is your sweater made from?"

"Why it is made from squirrel." I would say.

"That is so cool, I want to be just like you Zeeppo."

I was at knit 1 in Squirrel Hill today I should have asked if they had any squirrel. They probably did not. Still, I should have asked.

I think this black one is dancing. I never really thought that a squirrel could bust a move. Just another example of how much we have underestimated them.

They are all nature's all terrain vehicle. They can swim run up tree and some can even fly over short distances. Can you say that about sheep? I think not. Sheep are truely slackers. They lay about and wait for a hair cut. It doesn't get any lazier than that. Squirrels even feed themselves. The average sheep has to have food brought to them.

This is yet another reason I think we should not knit with wool. We are enabeling sheep. They are like alcoholics that need a twelve step program.

Step One: admit you have a problem.

Step Two: get off your furry little buts.

Step Three: feed and take care of your little slacker selves.

Well I guesse it is only a three step program. If we truely love our sheep we would love them enough to tell them they have a problem. Once again this is something we do not have to tell the petrolium based acrylic yarns. Petrolium runs industry and almost everything produced today has some plastic in it. Have you ever heard of a lazy barrel of oil. I think not.

Well I am not sure where I was going with all of this but there it is. And if you are one of the two people that is reading my blog you are used to it.

I did finish a blue baby blanket for Charity Knitting. I think it will go in the booklette

Be safe out there and keep you stick on the ice.

1 comment:

Stephieface said...

Squirrels are awesome....

Says the girl with a squirrel pin on her purse and her own personalized squirrel hoodie.

Follow me at zeeppo on the twitter gizmo