Saturday, October 07, 2006

Wolrd Tour's Next Stop - Hank Aaron, Suitcase Simpson, Jerome Bettis - Secret Message for Male Knitters - Dr. McDreamy, George Clooney

I had a rather uneventful day knitting today. I was accepted into the beginning knit designers ring. That is the last one on my list. I am thinking that I should move all of the ones that have accepted me to the top of my list and relegate the ones I am waiting on to the end. There is no greater scorn than being at the end of a rather long list.

By the way I am still looking for places to visit on my World Tour. My next stop will be the Te Café in Squirrel Hill Thursday. I am not batting 1000 for that neighborhood. I hope to do better next week. Their entry on Pittsburgh Knitting is a very friendly one. They are stating that they want new people to show up. That is a good sign.

The next bit is for the Dudes, if there are any reading this. Women should feel free to read this it is not like is it secret. Besides how would I keep you from reading it if I post it on a public blog.

Anyway in the dozens or so knitting groups I have been apart of in the last couple years I have only attended two sessions where then men outnumber the women. And to be quite honest half the men who attended I was teaching to knit. The next week the group grew by a couple and men were once again the minority. I don’t recall what the national male female ratio is. It is probably statistically irrelevant to the number of male knitter versus female knitters.

Any way I propose a gathering of male knitters. I now know four in the greater Pittsburgh area and I imagine there are more out there. Perhaps we could meet a secret location so those in the closet will not have to be outed.

Hank Aaron is one of the best all around ball players that has ever lived. He deserved his spot in the hall of fame. And the Indians stink.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

If any male knitters are reading this they could post in secret on this blog. All you have to do is write two sentences about a sports team, especially football, and women will not read on. With my wife all I have to do is mention Suitcase Simpson and she tunes me right out. It is how I got her to agree to turn the laundry room into a repair shop. Actually when I talk she appears to be tuning me out no matter what I am say. Still, that is another subject.

OK place you secret messages in the comment section of this post. Alright I am going to post a picture of Leonardo DiCaprio to go all the women reading the blog again. By the way mentioning Dr. McDreamy or George Clooney has the same effect. But not in print because this is a blog and not a conversation, but, I digress.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Anyway I can not believe he did not get and Oscar for the Titanic Movie. I mean he died for her. Kate Winslet is dishy but would have made her move over on the raft and we both could have taken our chances. I suppose that is why I am male. Although my wife would have pushed me off the raft and drowned me. And I would have been grateful for it. My days would be miserable and pointless without her.

And Blogger is at it again with the pictures. I am giving photobucket a work out just to keep this drivel interesting.

Well everyone be safe out there and keep your stick on the ice.

No comments:

Follow me at zeeppo on the twitter gizmo