Friday, October 06, 2006

Rings and Things - that was supposed to be witty

I will finish the checked scarf for charity knitting this week end. I think it will make a fine addition to the knitting booklet.

On the internet front my ring surf ring is up and relatively running. Well, it is a ring for clowns or anyone that is funny or thinks they are funny. Well anyone who is interested the link is on the sidebar.

Well enough of the self promotion. I spent part of the day at the yarn store picking up a couple things for my secret pal. If I were not so manly I might be giddy about the entire process. I suppose if I talk about what I picked up that would ruin the surprise. It would probably be against the entire secret thing in the secret pal.

Well being this is my first secret pal I hope I did what the secret pal is supposed to do. When I write my grand opus on the knitting culture of the world this will certainly be one of the chapters.

Onto other ring surf news I added some gizmos for a couple rings that I thought I should join. The Ring Surf Knit Together and the Midatlantic Knitters are on the sidebar. At this point about half of the links that I have listed have not gotten back to me. I wonder if any of them are dead and unattended. I am fairly certain the uknittednations is rudderless. That one has such a neat name it is a shame that no one is looking after it.

Oh here is a random picture of Alan Alda for my wife.

Well I didn’t have that much to say tonight. I suppose I have been rather long winded the past few weeks. I did notice the counter thing was getting near five thousand. That sound like some sort of mile stone as well. Although if I recall Natasha’s blog she has had like 20 million visitors. Her blog must be like the crack cocaine of the blogging world. I should probably apologies for comparing her blog to a highly addictive substance. Well I meant that a lot of people visit it.

Be safe out there and keep your stick on the ice

2 comments:

metal and knit said...

I have also enjoyed the whole shopping for the secrect pal thing but the yarn store will have to wait for next week for me to get there.

natasha said...

aw thanks! my blog is like crack? are you addicted? are you planning to sue me for it? i didn't know i had 5 million! also, i have had my blog for more than a year. so there is that. plus, i give away free stuff, all the time. to everyone that refers other people. a dollar per person. it works! you should try it.

you should post photos of your knits and you in your clown gear!

Follow me at zeeppo on the twitter gizmo