Friday, October 27, 2006

Odds & Ends

I have been working on different types of tips for needles. I have noted there is not a great deal of difference in knitting needle tips. Well I have started experimenting with needle types. Here I have the first two needles. One is a small almond shape on a neck the other is larger. Going english style I did not notice much difference. When I switched to Continental style I noticed that these needles were able to grab the yarn fairly easily.

I am going to knit some more with and see how it goes. There is another baby that needs a blanket out there. Anyway. These are 8 mm (number 11) and they are 20 inches long. I made them from oak just to experiment with a wood that you do not see wooden needles made from.

4 comments:

Brooke said...

Hello there! I saw in an old post that you knitted a felted horse blanket? Do you have a pattern for that? I'd love to see it. Thanks!

LaurieG said...

Hey Zeepo -- have you seen Criminy Jickets' "Garterlac Dishcloth"? http://criminyjickets.blogspot.com/2006/07/garterlac-dishcloth.html Made bigger it would make a nice baby blanket -- and it would be a great vehicle for those wonderful variegateds that look so promising in the skein. (Ok, "Starbright" comes to mind here.)

DDancer said...

So, you WILL bring these to Wednesday's knitting, right?

Z said...

I will bring the needles on Wednesday.

As for the horse blanket we knit it on a giant knitting machiene we constructed from peices of a couple sweater machines. I have once made one by stiching together three strips of fabric made on 4 foot needles.

Follow me at zeeppo on the twitter gizmo