Friday, October 13, 2006

Bus Knitting - Job Hunting - Clown Wrath

Today was a day full of bus knitting. Once again I am working on a pink scarf. Someone on the Bus asked me if I was knitting for Breast Cancer. Well I am not. Not that I think it is unimportant. As a male I can think of few more horrible things than mastectomies. That is only half a joke.

Moving along I have received many nice comments about Yarn Man. As a programming note I will be posting another installment of Yarn Man on Tuesday. Heck since everyone was so nice I might even edit the next part and fix the grammar and misspellings.

I am also feeling that I am in a position that I may be able to teach knitting classes. In the last month I have taught five people to knit. I have even been able to knit continental enough to teach two of them in this style. Well if anyone knows of a store in the Pittsburgh area that would not mind letting a slightly off male knitter teach. Anyway I have the time and am looking for the diversion and employment.

The most important part of a Master Clown’s duties is teaching Apprentice Clowns. I figure if I can teach people to do dangerous things without killing themselves then I could teach knitting.

I received a notice for Michael’s Yarn Sale. Well I suppose I know what I am doing next week. I may have pedestrian tastes in yarn. Still, they are easily satisfied

I am a bit discouraged by the number of Ring surf Rings that have not gotten back to me. I suppose the virtual world is not as fast as everyone would say. I have also noted that there appear to be no clowns out there who are knitting and reading this blog. Well at least none that want to join the ring that I set up.

When I yahooed clown, knitting, blog the first two blogs that came up suggested that clown were evil in some way. If clowns were really as evil as many think then they would be wise not to post such disparaging things on their blogs. I left comments to the effect that clowns are not evil. One stated something about “Clown in a Blender” type yarn. I warn you all that if the world has come to clown genocide they will unleash a wrath unlike any other. Just ask the mimes what happens when you cross clowns. They are so fearful of our wrath they would not dare even share the details of their defeat.

Oh and by the way on Close to Home tonight they caught a serial killer. He kept trophies of his victems and turned them into a memory quilt. Just remeber the true evil in this world is mimes and quilters. And we have already taken care of the mimes.

Moving along I would like to thank everyone who has been complimentary of the Yarn Man thing. I hope part two will meet your expectations.

Be safe out there and keep your stick on the ice.

2 comments:

ChickenBetty said...

Do I count if I'm a former clown?

velmalikevelvet said...

i know so many people that were traumatized by an experience w/ a clown as children, and they still have a clown phobia. me? i can take 'em or leave 'em. you're o.k., tho, zeep.

ps - i linked to your clowny, manly, knitterly-ness yesterday, HERE.

Follow me at zeeppo on the twitter gizmo