Thursday, October 05, 2006

100th Post

I don’t know if your One Hundredth entry is a mile stone or not on a blog. Still, I am going to celebrate it as if it is. It is my blog after all.

Well in honor of my hundredth entry I have decided to make a button for my blog. If I understand the photo bucket thing all one would need would be the following. I will email the html to anyone that want to use it. Email me or post something here

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Well let me know if you think this thing useful or not. I imagine it is one of the first steps to my greater empire of knitting that is in my head.

Onto other subjects I would like to encourage anyone reading this blog who has a knitting group to tell me about it. If it is in Western Pennsylvania they should let the good people at http://www.pittsburghknitting.com/ know. Unless of course it is a private group (that is why my basement knitting group is not listed). Either way I would love to hear about your group. And if it is not listed and is open to the public I may drop by on my world tour.

One of the things that I have noted on my world tour is that each group does meet the particular needs of those knitter. That may sound like an obvious thing to say. That is simply not true of many other groups that I have observed. It is one of the odd things about traveling a great deal. You get to see a lot of people in their home towns. Some people get together for something simply because they are supposed to. Church, parties and schools are just a few examples of some places that people sometimes go only because they think they are supposed to.

I ran into someone that who went to my high school’s most recent reunion that I did not attend. He was talking about how wonderful it was to go there and lord his success over the people he thought did not like him years ago. Even a group full of yarn snobs and knit fascists are doing something productive when they get together. That most certainly could not be said for the average high school reunion. And no I am not the bitter outsider that avoids their high school reunions. I was living in another state for one of them and at a disaster for the other. Besides I have Stephen Hawking in my knitting group what do any of them have? But, I digress.

Also on my hundredth entry I would like to ask for suggestions. Is there anything I should do to improve things? Oh and by the way here are a couple random pictures of Sean Connery to keep my wife interested. I have one in a kilt and shirtless with a spear gun. Well at least I can make someone’s day.

I thank everyone for stopping by. It is nice to know that other people share my passion and can tolerate my strangeness. You have all been an inspiration and I thank you for the time you have taken to read my ramblings and post about them. Please continue, it makes up for the love that I do not get my wife’s dog.

I am sorry Sally. I did not mean to disparage you on my blog.

Hey stop barking. No, it was a joke, don’t be so sensitive. No one reads this thing any way.

Alright here is a picture of Rin Tin Tin to keep Sally Happy. And she wants me to ask if there are any other dogs that read this.

And I bet you thought I forget that today is Rabbit Day, Yay. By the way Yay is a reference to the Purling Puppies that say Yay. I wonder if that is like the Knights that say “Ni”. Any way here is this Rabbit Day’s rabbit of note. And it is none other than Basil the immortal bunny of the Mark Wilson television series. Here he is posing with his co stars Mark and Nani. By the way note he is being held by the scruff of his neck. I can tell you many rabbits not only tolerate this but love it. It is odd but what can you do? So no messages about pulling on rabbit ears. The only rabbit ears I have pulled on were attached to a TV.

Well actually there was not a lot of knitting in this entry. I am still knitting and maybe this monumental mile stone just inspired me to be even more inane than usual. Well be safe out there and keep you stick on the ice.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy 100th Post!! Its definitely a milestone. Congrats and keep knitting!

Charissa said...

Sparkle asked me to comment for her, since she isn't so great at typing. She said to let Sally know that she reads with me. And she thanks you for the picture of Rin Tin Tin.

Anonymous said...

Happy 100! With all the nonsense at the office, its good to read some entertaining nonsense here.
Keep up the good work.

Kimberly said...

Happy 100th Post!

Stephieface said...

Yay! Happy 100th!

Obsidian Kitten said...

hey, congrats on your 100th post! and on your 5000 hits.

i have not hit 5000 yet, so i am a bit envious, but i will try to keep that to myself.

oops, too late

natasha said...

happy 100th. late as usual. if your wife likes sean connery, i saw him in a robin hood movie that had audrey hepburn in it (they were older, if that helps) and he jumps up into a tree with his robin hood skirt and you can see his bare ass. i was horrified, but she might dig it. i am sure you can rent it.

Follow me at zeeppo on the twitter gizmo