Sunday, October 08, 2006

A good time was had a Charity Knitting Today. There were only a handful of people. Still, they were friendly people and much fun was had. The Checkered scarf is done and I will post a picture of it tomorrow. I am considering making a hat of the same Galaxy yarn to go with the scarf. It might also make a nice addition to the booklet.

Onto exciting news if you think this is exciting. I am going to begin the Clown Brigade uniform sweater that I have been working on the design for. It is going to be a fairly typical button ups sweater with a couple differences. First rubber buttons like rugby shirts a must for clown practice apparel. Second extra wide ribbed cuffs to keep the sleeve out of the way while juggling. And finally shoulder loop straps for the rank insignia loops.

It will be knit out of Red Heart Mexicana to give it that brightly colored flair. Besides just giving it that incredibly festive look it is also durable and will stand up to tumbling during practice and other abusive things we do to our clothing on a regular basis.

By the way for those just tuning in I working on putting together a clown troop with my church. It’s primary function will be humor therapy. We will also do some gospel clowning as needed. Last week we had out first show at another church in our denomination. It went very well. The apprentice clown that I have worked the most with performed admirable and I am proud of him. It was not a stage show so we did not have opportunity to use our knit props such as the long scarf. I am sure that will be coming in the near future. By the way the long scarf I speak of is 90 feet long. When I say long scarf I mean long scarf.

Back to the knitting stuff. It has been a while since I have done a sweater and I am looking forward to it. I have had a lot of baby blankets to make recently and it is good to get onto something a bit more exciting. I will post pictures of progress.

By the way has anyone hear Nelly Furtado’s version of Maneater. I always did like that song. There was some punk band that redid the Hall and Oats song as well. I cannot remember who they were. I never did date any women who used men in that manor. Perhaps I do not have enough money for that. Maybe I have just been lucky in that arena.

That reminds me this year is the 20th anniversary of the movie Man Hunter. Someone should really let William Peterson do more movies. The Red Dragon version was alright but Man Hunter was truer to the book. Something that I always look for in a movie from books. I don’t think there was any knitting in Man Hunter. In the second book there is a lunatic that tries to make a suit out of human skin. That probably does not count. Although that is one heck of a story at the arts and craft convention. "No I didn't finish my project. The FBI took my hostage and I didn't have enough material to finish it."I am just wandering around in my mind as a type this, pay no mind.

I had very complimentary comment from a reader yesterday. They suggested that my blog was so funny that it could lead to weight loss. Hey if that Atkins punk can make millions by telling people not to eat bread I think that is as good a plan as any. I don’t suppose I am loosing any weight typing this blog. Or maybe I am simply demented and am taking all of this seriously and do not think that it funny.

Well anyway I think I can officially say that at least three people are reading this a day. The counter gizmo is over 5000 hits. I think someone should send blogs secret decoder rings that have over 5000 hits. Where is little orphan Annie when you need her? And what kind of maniac named their kid “Little Orphan Annie”. I suppose it is a good thing she was orphaned or it simply would have been confusing every time her real parents introduced her. I wonder it she was forced to knit her sweater. And if she was forced to knit it did they make her make it ragged or is she just a bad knitter. If I ran an orphanage I would probably dress the kids raggedly to play the sympathy card when visitors came.

Well be safe out there and keep your stick on the ice.

2 comments:

metal and knit said...

Gopod to hear that your ministries are going well. Maybe one day you will come to Australia for Christmas unwrapped and show thw Australian Eastern Teritory some good clowning fun. If you did I would be having trouble not to drop my stitches

Anonymous said...

I am a lover of all long scarves, yours fills me with the notion that mine are not long enough (8-14' usually). I may have found something you're after, we'll know soon enough!

Follow me at zeeppo on the twitter gizmo