Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Hunting Down Phantom Knitting Groups

I have set about another odd little quest. Up till now I have been going off the list on the Pittsburghknitting.com to find if already known knitting groups are still meeting. I have recently been hearing rumors about a knitting group that is meeting at Te Café in Squirrel Hill. My information suggests that it meets occasionally on Tuesdays. I am working on tracking down details of when this group meets.

To make it more complicated there does not appear to be one but two groups. The people that work at the café do not appear to know what happens there. I suppose if you called the Bee Hive they would be hard pressed to figure out when my group meets as well. Although we do try to make in impression on all of those around us.

So If anyone has any information on these phantom groups. I did attend or attempt to attend the one that was listed on Pittsburghknitting twice. It did not meet, and at the time the staff on those night were not aware that they had a knitting group meeting there. Onto other knitting randomness. With the last week of Kettle upon us our regular Clown Brigade Practice on Wednesday evening ad to be cancelled. It looks as if at least three of us are going to be looking for something to do. We are thinking of harassing the good ladies at the Coffee Tree Roaster in Shady Side.

Well we will see. Be safe out there and keep your stick on the ice,

No comments:

Follow me at zeeppo on the twitter gizmo