Wednesday, December 13, 2006

A great deal was accomplished knitting today. The Long Scarf is 28 feet long as of right now. That is very good considering that we have only been working on six or seven hours a week. Many, many people, some of whom are not clowns have helped knitting the long scarf. I wanted to come up with a touching and heartfelt icon to recognize their contribution to such an effort. Then I figured why mess up a totally frivolous thing with sentiment so I went with funny instead. Well at least what passes for funny in my Clown Brigade. This is the product of ten whole minutes of effort on my part. It was the least I could do. No really it is the least I could do. If I were to do anything less I would have had to poke everyone that has been helping in the eye. Well I settle on the icon thing instead of the eye poke.

I have also been collecting pictures of the scarf’s creation and will post them all on another blog. I will also put in a list of people who contributed time and the risk of personal embarrassment {namely by being seen with me publicly}. If anyone would like to post something on the blog let me know and I will direct the Blogger thing to allow you to do it.

I need to put the picture in the photobucket thing and turn it into a link to the page gizmo with the names, pictures and comments.

This of course begs the next question if there is a long scarf 2007 will there be one for 2008? And if you were not demented enough to be thinking that well I want to assure you that I am. We are thinking about something in a cable. Maybe, more refined with a drop stitch or something else high falutin.

Almost all of the long scarves I have been worked on have been something in a garter stitch. I once did one with a seed stitch {which I still have flash backs to}. The Steel City Clown Brigade will be looking to do something even more ambitious next year. It is like an evil madman thing at this point. This one is so cool that the next one will have to be even cooler. I suppose it is terrible cycle that will claim the sanity and possibly the lives of many knitters along the way. Well, I suppose it cannot be helped.

Be safe out there and keep your stick on the ice.

No comments:

Follow me at zeeppo on the twitter gizmo