Friday, April 13, 2007

This and That


LaurieG send me a link to this button. I may be the only one that loves acrylic more than wool. Still, I will continue to fight for my beloved dinosaur yarn while the rest of you settle for wool.

Well to night is the first KAL at my Corps. We had originally hopes to do it on Thursdays. Perhaps next months we will be able to. These KAL will also become planning session for the Fiber Festival that we are planning as a fund raiser for our Clown Brigade. You will become sick of this subject over the next couple months.

Well for this evening we have some lovely homespun thank to CarlaK which is 100 percent Dinosaur. It does not get much better than that. That is of course unless you have a fine Red Heart. Seriously about the Acrylic, I have mentioned Dark Horse Yarn before. It came up at two different KAL this week so it bears mentioning here. Not only do they have the usual Wools and boring stuff like that. they also have a very nice line of Acrylic Yarns. They are soft and joy to knit with. They also have a line of gimic yarns. I'm sorry The Stitching Seminarian reffered to Novelty Yarns as Gimic Yarns. This is funny to me. In the clown world a gimic is a useful thing but often looked down upon. So I thought this description was especially apt.
Well, I have to go and do some plumbing. If I get home at a reasonable hour I will post about the KAL. Be safe out there and keep your stick on the ice.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Zeeppo, Just stopping by to say "hi" and I've been reading your blog for a couple of weeks now. I don't remember how I came by it. I'm thinking someone had a link about the "Marley". I am a Pastor's wife from the Nazarene Church (a sister to the Salvation Army)and I knit and I enjoy Reggae music. That was the start of my interest. You have been added to my "Favorites Center" now. I am enjoying your blog and plan to go back through the archives when I can.

Follow me at zeeppo on the twitter gizmo