Monday, April 23, 2007

More Hive Knitting

A good day was had a Hive Knitting. A couple of the Brigade members were able to work on the Prayer Shawl and much fun was had by all.

On the lighting front at The Hive we have switched to painters lights that we are able to hang off the junk hanging from the ceiling. We are going to knock down the wattage on the bulbs because it was like sitting on the sun today. Still, it is good that we have solved the lighting problem there. It is really such a nice place to knit that it is a shame the lighting was so bad.

I always like The Hive because we are not an oddity there. Well I suppose a bunch of guys knitting is an oddity anywhere. Still, at the Hive no one notices. Or at the very least we don’t get compare to someone dead great aunt. I once had someone tell me their dead great aunt knit. And they referred to them as their dead great aunt. In addition she said that I had a slightly better beard than their dead great aunt. Perhaps the knitting is not the odd thing. Maybe I just attract odd people. Like a great magnate for the strange. Well what can one do? It does make life interesting.

As stated someday I may post pictures but not today. I probably should join the new millennium. I am just cheap.

On the sewing front I hope to have my Brigadier uniform done by Wednesday. It is more complicated than the uniform that I formerly used. It has a four piece back. It gives it a better shape but is a pain to make. Still, we have few clowns and hopefully some of them will be sewing soon.

I have been working on a couple writing projects in the last week. For some reason they take a great deal out of me. I am back to working on the beginning Charity Knitting Text that I have left along for a while. I still need a lot of patterns for it. My contribution will mainly be the writing of the how to section. After that it is all patterns.

By the way if anyone has a good pattern that is not copy written send it my way. I am looking for Knit and Crochet patterns.

Be safe out there and keep your stick on the ice.

1 comment:

Charissa said...

What are you looking for the patterns for?

Follow me at zeeppo on the twitter gizmo