Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Charity Knitting Book & Online Knitting Resource

Life is good in strange ways. I check the people who visit this blog mainly to see what other people are doing with their knitting. It also helps me to know that my mime filters are working. Anyway back to the point of my entry.

There is a site that I ran across called http://www.knitting-and.com/wiki/Main_Page. It is the beginning of what could be the Wikipedia for the knitting world. On occasion you have heard me muse that it would be nice if there was an all inclusive internet knitting resource. Well this looks like the beginning of such a resource. I browsed around it a bit and it is very good start. It may not be all inclusive yet. Still, with the support of the internet knitting community it will be some day.

Oh and I can across this page because The Marley is listed on the 101 things to do with icord section. The Marley is number 22. I am so proud. They did forget a p in Zeeppo. Which is the nice thing about this format, I could fix it. I am going to add a link to it on the side bar and probably add articles about all the clown knitting stuff the world needs to know. It is the only way we can protect ourselves from the Mime menace.

On the Charity Knitting front I have noticed that my last entry was vague. Actually the half dozen people the emailed me pointed our my last entry was vague. So here is a list of free uncopywritten patterns I am looking for. And if you made up the pattern or know who did let me know. I would like to attribute it to the person who wrote it. I am looking for Crochets and Knit versions as well.

Mittens, hats, sweaters, cardigans, socks, baby blankets, full sized blankets or any suggestions. I do have enough scarf patterns, unless someone has a cute matching set.

When I have enough patterns my Clown Brigade is going to publish this book. It will probably sell for a couple bucks and the proceeds will be used for our Charity Knitting Project. Since we just got into Prayer Shawls I will be adding a section on that as well.

I have been playing around with this for a year and it is time to get serous about it. Everyone in Pittsburgh has been so kind about donating items to Knit 1 for our Shelters. I only hope this book will in a small way will give something back to the knitting community that has been so kind to us.

You may be surprised to know that a group of knitting clowns is not always welcomed by polite society. I am just pleased that we have found a comfortable little place here in Western PA.

Be safe out there and keep your stick on the ice.

3 comments:

Charissa said...

You're welcome to use any of the free patterns on my website, as long as you don't mind them remaining on my website as free patterns and used in my classes as well. I have a baby sweater, socks and a baby hat that all might be useful.

Knittingand said...

Welcome to the Knitting Wiki! Feel free to start a clown knitting project of you'd like :-)

You can read all about the current projects at http://www.knitting-and.com/wiki/Knitwiki:Projects

roxtarc said...

i'd buy that book... put me on the list!

Follow me at zeeppo on the twitter gizmo