Thursday, April 12, 2007

New Flags

I have some more flags to add to the blog today.

The first is the flag of Nigeria that had it's first visitor over yesterday. It made me wonder how much knitting is going on in Africa. I imagine there must be some. Still, this is an area of the knitting world I know very little about.


Also to add is South Africa. Most of what i know about this nation centers around the Boer Wars and Apartide. This of course does not paint a very pretty picture. They do have a nice flag and I wish them all the best as they come out of a difficult period.

The last flag I would like to add is the Rampant Lion Flag or the Royal Standard of Scotland. My ancestors were asked to leave shortly after the act of Union with England. And even though James the VII did not turn out to be the best king of the new United Kingdom he was probably the last king that my Scottish ancestors lived under as direct subjects. the ended up in Ireland and later the United States. Well there is always the movement toward Home Rule in Scotland. Weill this i the reason I amputting upthe Royal Standard instead of the St. Andrews Flag.

Be safe out there and keep your stick on the ice.

1 comment:

LaurieG said...

I decided (because I like the tartan the best) that Dave's family is the "Graham of Menteith". My own ancestry is Welsh, so how about a Red Dragon?

Follow me at zeeppo on the twitter gizmo