Friday, April 20, 2007

Back at my Computer

I have been away for the better part of this week at a place that does not have computers. I am going to have to get one of those phones that you can send emails with.

Any way, I was watching a set of kids this week on last minute notice. They are good kids and it was fun. It did give me a chance to get fix a couple knitting machines and play around with my Bond knitting machine. I knocked off several squares for a blanket.
I have been out of the loop for a week and missed two knitting groups this week. I am a very bad knitter. I am going to go into Knit 1 today and set up some more classes. Dudes you need to get out and knit. I will post my classes when I have them put together. CarlaK found a sweater pattern for the knitting machine that is a lot nicer than the one I was going to use. It is one of the things I experimented with with week. It has inspired me to come up with my own MK sweater pattern. I wish it inspired me to come up with a good one. Still, what can one do.

I did figure out what machine I used in the Circus. It was an insanely expensive Brothers machine. I can see why I have a love hate relationship with the Bond. I was spoiled at a young age. Still, with the knitting of The Marley I have found a great deal of respect for Bond gizmos in general.
So far my Brigade has broken 1 machine and we have been given two machines for spare parts that were broken. Each of these broken machines was able to repaired and are currently working. There is some thing to be said for simplicity of design. With a little plumbers goop and gun oil these machines can be brought back from inoperative to humming like new in a matter of minutes. We thought we were going to destroy these things at an alarming rate.
Sure we have altered them a bit for this project. Still, they have proven that this little gadget is able to take much more abuse than they are designed for. And in my experience that is the sign of a good design.
I only wish the Bond people replied to my initial email. I should probably send them a testimonial.
Hello Bond,
I am clown that had to knit 200 skeins of yarn into icord. My friends wanted to commit me to a mental institution. But one of my friends {DDancer} sat me down and told me about what she did when she had too much icord to make. She assured me that this was nothing to be embarrassed about. It happens to people from time to time.
She told me about the Bond Embelishcord Knitter. Now I can live life with confidence that other knitters seem born with. Thanks Bond, you saved my knitting project and my marriage.
Sincerely
Zeeppo MC
Well I suppose my wife would not have left me if I knit all of that by hand on a knitty knotty. I think she has figured out that she got the thin end of the wedge in this relationship. Perhaps I have spent too much time talking to 2 year olds this week.
And did you see I used the link gizmo. I am really proud of my self. I know every man should be an HTML expert. I am a poor excuse for a blogger. And a terrible excuse for a webmaster.
Ahhhhhhh..... Glenn Miller just came on the Yahoo Radio. I have not listened to adult music all week. Not that there is anything wrong with Hanna Montana. Well actually I think there really is. Still, I digress. I do not want to disillusion the Disney fan that reads this blog. And I suppose I can not talk about people who have a secret identity. And by the way, Wishing does make it so. If you are a Glenn Miller fan that was terribly witty.
I am thinking about getting a camera. I have had lots of people ask me for pictures of finished projects. I have a web camera that does not get along with this computer. I suppose I have not put the effort into making them get along. Still, that camera is from five computers ago and was not top of the line a decade ago. Maybe I will stop by circut city and see what they have.
I am also going to have to do a pod cast for The Marley. Reworking the icrod machine is not hard but there is an order. In addition knitting with it is terribly hard if you have not gone through a month a trail and error. I suppose I could write out instructions. Still, in about twenty minutes I can show someone.
So for those that wanted to knit on The Marley long distance I have not forgotten about you. I just need to catch up with the times. I must admit I do not like cameras. I do not know why.
Ohhhh Boy........ Stevie Wonder....... mmmmmmmmm.......
Have I ever mentioned I really like the Yahoo radio. I do not know how I got along with only FM and AM radio. My wife grew up with only AM. I cannot understand how people of that generation are not damaged from the experience of living through disco and no FM radio. One or the other maybe, but not both. Nothing could be more horrible. I salute you folks I could not have done it.
Back to knitting. Or should I say blogging about knitting. I suppose if I move my Knitking near
the computer I could do both. Give me a minute......................
You see if I have a camera I could show you me blogging and knitting at the same time. All right I am being just silly now.
Everyone be safe out there and keep your stick on the ice.

No comments:

Follow me at zeeppo on the twitter gizmo