Tuesday, April 03, 2007

The Marley Badge

This is the actual finished version of The Marley badge. I am working on getting it to a size that will fit on the side bar of a blog. It has a darker green section than the first version. The picture has also been cropped and is a bit larger.

There will also be another version for those that knit on The Marley. It looks as if we will knit the entire Marley on one 24 hour period. To the best of my knowledge this is the only time that a long scarf has been hand knit in such a short period of time.
We did knit a regular long scarf over three days with people knitting 24 hours from both ends.
We did have two other versions of The Judy Badge. A portion of one of the braids on The Judy was Crocheted. My wife does not knit. And as a member of such a small clown group we wanted everyone to participate. Also LaurieG crocheted on The Judy. So there are two people who have that badge.
There is also The Baby Lion Killer's badge. She protects the Long Scarves of the Steel City Clown Brigade from Lions. For some reasons Lions like a long scarves. I personally think it is a mime conspiracy to train lions to attack clowns. I could spend all evening on the evils plots of mimes so I will digress.
Any way that cute little bundle of joy likes to chew on yarn when she is not hunting lions, tigers, bears, wolves, gorillas, sharks, alligators and other vicious animals. Here she is protecting The Judy making sure that unauthorised people do not touch her. After all of the effort we put into her we will stop at nothing to protect our long scarves.
So don't mess with our long scarves or else.
Be safe out there and keep your stick on the ice.

2 comments:

Charissa said...

That's a cute baby!

ShannonAnn said...

Hey Zeepo. Will you be making a button for those of us who would like to support the cranking of the Marley, but can't actually crank on it due to location issues? Maybe it can say, "I support the Marley." or just, "Crank the Marley." I'd love to link to the blog, but feel bad claiming, "I cranked" when I didn't.

Follow me at zeeppo on the twitter gizmo