Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

Of all the holidays that we celebrate this is the one that has the most meaning. I know that some may think settling America was a terrible thing. Still, I had ancestors on that ship. And I was lucky that mine survived to have the children. They were the first democracy in the new world. And quite frankly I don't believe the world would be the place that it is today if it were not for their cultural contributions.

We take so much for granted these days. Still, the society that allows some one to aimlessly ramble about anything they want is a result of their suffering. The danger in the world is not just evil or intolerance. There are so many cultures that desire stagnation. Even within our own culture there are so many that are so afraid of anything that is different.

There are so many places that a kilt wearing knitting clown would be put death. Fortunately the United States is not one of them. And as I sit here remembering my lovely sushi diner I am thankful. I would not have done well in a country run by the Taliban.

Be safe out there and keep your stick on the ice.

No comments:

Follow me at zeeppo on the twitter gizmo