Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Listening to Women Talk About Men Knitting.

On the Knit List there has been several people talking about Guys knitting. The Conversation started by asking if Richard Dawson really knit. I could not find out. I did leave some messages at some Richard Dawson fan boards. We will see if any of them get back to me. I don't know where he lives. If I find out I will sit out in front of his house until I see him knitting or get arrested.

Bellow in italics is the post I put up for approval. Bellow are my other recommendations that I knew would not make the list.

Rosey Greer did do needles point. I have no idea if Richard Dawson Knit. his bio doesn’t say.

If you are knitting group of women who want men to show up your right, Girl Talk is a bad thing. Ladies how many of you want to sit around and listen to Dale Ernhart Jr. turning left stories. There are some subjects that are simply male or female. And once upon a time knitting groups were called Stitch and Complain and that has come back again. And what did a bunch of women complain about, men.

And as a man that has attended dozens of knitting groups there are several that I have not gone back to because it was a group therapy session with knitting. There is nothing wrong with that. If you’re a group of friends that gets together in a coffee shop that is cool. There are also a couple of female knitting group that I have been told at the door that men should not be there. It also scares that daylights out of men when several women are feeding children while knitting.

By the way if you are in all female group that does not want men to attend do not be afraid to put that on your poster.

If you want to attract men to your knitting group there are several things you can do.

Snacks that are bad for you.

The occasional Baseball conversation.

And lost of cool knitting stuff.

If the group is about knitting than a couple guys will show up eventually. The bottom line is that men are going to be a small minority in knitting circles. No one likes to be outside their comfort zone. In another couple decades if knitting stay as popular as it is now then there will be droves of male knitters.

Zeeppo

The Blog
http://zeeppoville.blogspot.com/

Women if you want me to show up don't spend more than 20 percent of the time talking about women stuff. Breast feeding is also a scary thing for men. I am not getting into that. Men know what I mean.

Pigs in a blanket are a good thing, Hot wings, Ranch Dressing, Coke or Pepsi, Pizza, Jeff Gordon, Bruce Springsteen, the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders and or a Stephen Segal Movies are good ways to attract men to a group.

This may sound like a silly thing to be thinking about. Men dominate so much in the world. Why not let them take second place in the knitting world. Well those that read this thing on a regular basis know that I will go on about the most inconsequential things at great length.

Well it has been an hour since I placed my post and it has not shown up on the Knit List. At least my important observations have shown up on my blog.

Be safe out there and keep your stick on the ice.

No comments:

Follow me at zeeppo on the twitter gizmo