Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Book Mussings

As I continue to work on the knitting book I am struck by the diversity in knitting books out there. I must have nearly every book about clowning that has been published. Virtually all of them are text about various clowning skills. There are a few biographies of notable clowns and there is a bit of fiction out there about clowns.

No where is there a book of a clown talking about their experiences with juggling, or puppetry. Now there are several books about knitters talking about their life's experience with knitting. It is odd that such a specific thing as knitting has so many different views.

Anyway that was just something that I was thinking about. The main point of writing the book is to make some money for the Clown Brigade. Still, it is interesting to think that I will be adding something to this body of knowledge that so many have before me.

Moving along there is a a Revelry group for the book. This is it: http://www.ravelry.com/groups/knitting-for-war

As I get chunks of the book worked out I am sure I will be having some local folks look them over to make sure I am not doing anything terribly strange. All and all I expect to have the text together for the book by the end of December. I imagine there will also be sample knitting and that sort of thing. By the end of January everything should be in once piece.

Well I will be getting back to typing stuff in. Be safe out there and keep your stick on the ice.

No comments:

Follow me at zeeppo on the twitter gizmo