Saturday, March 31, 2007

Blogging and The Marley

Before I turn in for the evening I wanted to post again. Cranking is all I got done today and that in itself is not terribly interesting. The huge influx of people visiting inspired me to work on The Marley Scarf Blog some. I am sure I will tinker with it for a while. Still, since there has been so much interest I figure I should put it up.

We put up one for The Judy Scarf after we finished making her. We figured we would start one for The Marley before we started making him. This was the first week that we were actually making The Marley. We had just a couple glitches along the way.

First was the original design. It would have weighed over 100 pounds. That is a little excessive even for a Long Scarf. Not to mention just plain heavy. We took the icord down from 6 to four stitches. We also reduced the design by three stitches. This brought down the overall weight of the scarf to under fifty pounds. Still, a little on the heavy side, but not for three people.

Next was the fact we were going to have to turn 200 skeins into icord. This was solved by using the Bond Embellish Knit. This gizmo is not designed for worsted weight yarn. Still, with a bit of a aggravation we can do it.

The last problem was that it would take 200 skeins of yarn to complete the scarf. We were going to scrap until another knitter stepped in and bought the yarn, namely Ddancer. She has a blog with a link on my daily read list. In addition we were able to get it all in one dye lot. I feat not easily done I am sure.

Any way this has little to do with the actual blogging that I did today. I broke down and I used the new Blogger page formatting gizmo. It is your basic orange blog. The most important aspect of this blog is that it lists everyone that has Cranked on The Marley. It will also have a list for those that actually Knit the Icord when we knit it.

Just a note to those that have cranked on The Marley there is a badge for that. I will be making up some more as soon as I can. There will also be a badge of the electronic variety that will link to the The Marley Blog.

It is at: www.themarleyscarf.blogspot.com

Just another few programming notes. For those that keep track of the flags on the right. You will notice Canada has moved up to the 500 visitor category. Actually they vaulted over it with a couple hundred visitors in two days. I may be an American but I have never been shy about the nation that I worked in as a circus clown. As you know I do not get into politics here. Mainly because you should go to the Zeeppo’s Really Annoyed About the World Blog. Seriously no one cares about my views on the world. And if you do there is a pill for that.

All I want to know is what is so wrong with clean streets and universal health care? And maybe we could spend a little less time smoking and collecting guns. There is also something called manors. I am sure the folks from NYC can Google that to figure out what they are. Sorry about that political rant. Oh and would it kill us to have The Red Green Show on in prime time. We would be better people.

Also on the countries visiting front Israel and Korea moved up today. Life is good.

Be safe out there and keep your stick on the ice.

2 comments:

DDancer said...

Hate to tell you this, but in the last box there were two different dyelots. (sigh)

I tried.

Heather said...

Red Green is on WQED at 10pm on Saturdays. I just watched it last night... too funny.
And manners seem to be in the eye of the beholder. I have had a lot of people telling me how nice they (and their friends) are while not really getting that impression.

Follow me at zeeppo on the twitter gizmo