Saturday, March 03, 2007

Blanket Knit Along

We have received a request from the Major that runs our Family Crisis Center for blankets. She would like to give every family that leaves the shelter a blanket to go with their house warming kit.

As always with Knitting for Charity anyone can drop off a donation at Knit 1 in Squirrel Hill. I am planning to have a special Knit Together at the Bee Hive on the South Side. It would probably be a thursday evening close to the end of the month. That will give us some time to assemble the yarn and such.

We are looking to make your basic bed blankets. And I know that takes a lot of yarn. I have had my Bond out and will be using it to make square. One of the nice things about the Hive is that where we knit is made up of old kitchen tables. And I have not found a table that works better for the Bond than an old kitchen table.

The Army Men's Fellowship had a Bowling Tournament today that myself and the Steel Valley men attended. We did not do very well. Apparently I am still not the world's greatest bowler.
We did not place. Still, the point was fellowship.

Be safe out there everyone and keep your stick on the ice.

No comments:

Follow me at zeeppo on the twitter gizmo