Saturday, March 31, 2007

The Wide World of Knitting

Another great day of knitting, and another thousand people stopped by. For those that have been reading this thing a while. You know that have been fascinated by the connection between knitting and the Internet. The last 24 hours have been interesting lesson.

To answer a couple more questions.

Question 1: Why do you call icord icrod? I have several people sk this. The answer is simple I am a clown not a typists. I am a lousy typer. It should rightly be called Icord. If I type directly into blogger and not in to Microsoft Word and then paste their spell check does no fix that word.

Question 2: If I have an icrod machine can I help knit on The Marley? The short answer is yes. The machine we are using is the Bond Embellish Knit. It is not designed for worsted weight yarn, which is what we are using. It is a royal pain in the keister to do. You also have to do it relatively slow so you do not damage the machine. In the next couple weeks I will have an instruction sheet and hopefully a Internet video of me doing it so that people can see what to do.

We have just now figured out all of the ins and outs of making the icord this way with the the wrong machine. Six or so people said they would like to knit on The Marley. You can email me your address at zeeppo_the_great@yahoo.com

Once again I am greatly flattered by the emails and comments. I will endeavor to say something interesting once and a while.

Be safe out there and keep your stick on the ice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think EZ came up with the concept of I cord. I've heard it said that it stands for Idiot cord, as in, any idiot can make I cord. I regret to say that this idiot didn't get it for many weeks.

Follow me at zeeppo on the twitter gizmo