Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Good Times at the Waterfront in Homestead

A good time was has at the Waterfront even if one of the Matrons of the group was not with us this afternoon. I shlept over to the Waterfront with the Knitking and puttered around with it until I got it working. When we got it back to the Corps we knocked out a few rectangular peices that will be used for one of the Blankets that we are making for out shelter. All and all it was a great day knitting and a good way to build upper body stregnth.

We were hoping to have the once monthly knit together for our shelter at the Bee Hive. Unfortunately we discovered at the Barnes and Nobles that the Knitking does not like coffee shop tables. The Hive has mostly kitchen tables and I do not know how many we will be able to clamp the knitting machines onto. When we got to the Corps we were easily able to bolt it to our tables.

I clamp my Bond down with a couple quick grip clamps and it would be able to be attached to anything. Next monday I will have to take them both down to the Hive. There are severalrectangular tables there.

If that does not work out we will have to look at other places. Maybe the Corps in Homestead or Knit 1 in Squirell Hill. Good times we be had no matter where we meet.

Be safe out there and keep your stick on the ice.

1 comment:

DDancer said...

MATRON! I am NOT a Matron!

*grumble*

I'm still young....


...... right?

Follow me at zeeppo on the twitter gizmo