Wednesday, March 14, 2007

World Tour: Homstead - Water Front & Shady Side S&B

I did stop by two knitting groups today. The First was at the Water Front in Homestead. They meet in the Barnes and Nobles in their cafe. I regularly attend this group so I knew they were going to be there today.

This group is one of the more diverse groups out there. They are laid back and a font of knitting knowledge. At this point there are three people that teach knitting classes. A former Yarn Shop owner and at least one other person that works at Knit 1. This is simply one the most knowledge able groups of knitter out there. The thing that is most impressive about them is that they do not intimidate novice knitters.

One of the things that anoys me most about some knitting groups is when they kind to new knitters. Of course this is also thegroup the meets closest to my church. That is until we start our own group that will be meeting in the church. Any way, this is the group that is most frequently attended by the Clowns of my Brigade.

They have been a great blessing to my Brigade and very welcoming even though none of them have been knitting for more than seven months. If you have the time free you should stop by. A goodtime is always had by all.

The second group that I stopped by was the S & B at the Coffee Tree Roaster in Shady Side. I attended this group last year. When I went last time there were only four people there. This time I got there for the last half hour of the group. There was no one there. Either they broke up early or they are not meeting any more. I will send off an email to their group leader and see what happened.


If you have a group in Allegheny County and would like me to visit post a comment.

Be safeout there and keep your stick on the ice.

No comments:

Follow me at zeeppo on the twitter gizmo