Friday, January 05, 2007

What Started as a Shorty Entry - You know that is how the first long scarf was made someone was making a regular scarf and things just got complex.

The Blogger gods appear to be mad a t me again this evening. They are not letting me post pictures. And after this post I will once again try and switch. It will probably fail just like it has the last dozen times. Still what choice does one have?

Just some random things about this and that. I have come up with a badge for the people that have been knitting on The Judy Scarf. I made up a bunch of them for everyone that shows up on Saturday for a fun filled day of knitting The Judy and Chicken Casserole. I have not had anyone tell me they are a Vegan or Vegetarian. I wonder if it makes me a sensitive renaissance man since I know the difference between them. Anyway I digress.

I spent the evening cutting out the badges and will stick pins on them tomorrow. I felt very crafty. I do not know why I do not feel crafty knitting. It must have something to do with some sort of deep psychological problem. I suppose I never though of anything that I did in the Circus as a Craft. Maybe when lives depend on your knitting it becomes more important. I am kidding about the lives depending on my knitting thing. I am just being silly. Although if anyone falls through the ice it would be nice to have the Judy along for that one.

There is story they told in the circus about some of our off duty clowns being out ice skating on a pond that some kids were ice skating on. They say that one of the kids fell through the ice and the clowns saved the kid using a thirty three foot scarf that one of them happened to be wearing. I am not sure if that really happened. Still, I did witness an elephant that thought a five and a half foot Chinese man was his mother. That is a good story but I digress. I do have several long scarf stories that will be told too much on Saturday.

When I started this Clown Brigade at my church I thought that it would be a pale facsimile of the “Real Troops” that I had been a part of. To tell the truth it was mostly an excuse to use me rusty clown skills before they completely faded away. It is odd how it has been taking a life of it’s own the last couple months.

After practice on Wednesday the Brigade members wanted to go and visit one of the Brigade members that had not been in church that week. In the six month since I joined this Corps I had not seen one of the people go and visit or talk about visiting someone just to see how they are doing. I am not suggesting that it did not happen or that anyone was cold or unfeeling prior to this. Still, it was good to see the beginnings of this group coming together.

And with the exception of my wife and I this group is composed of the younger adults of this Corps. That is odd, all of the twenty something in this church are members of this Brigade. I am not sure what that means, still, it is an observation I had not made before.

Well I am not sure where that path is going to lead. Still, it will be nice see where it does lead to.

On other subjects preparations for Saturday are going ahead. I have had a few folks confirm they will be and it should be fun no matter who shows. It takes me back to sitting around in a Park in Toronto or leaning against some trailer working on a scarf that would be entire too long to be contained by the mundane life that most scarves are trapped in. Some of the best things in my life have happened to me while I have been working on a long scarf.

Five years ago on a September afternoon in a Field in Shanksville Pennsylvania I was working on an old long scarf that I have never really finished. We were deployed for 9/11 feeding the police and crash investigators. A captain from The Army came up and hit on me and we were married seven months later.

Odd, most remember that as one of the most terrible times in recent history. And it was that. Still, I would not have gotten to know my wife if it were not for those terrible days. I sometimes wonder if I live my live backward. Well I am not sure where that is going either. I should develop a system for mapping out these blog entries to try and keep them on course.

Well if you like come Saturday were are meeting at 10:00 AM. If you need directions email me at zeeppo_the_great@yahoo.com. 104 East Ninth Ave. Homestead. PA

Hmmmmmmm….. I thought I was going to have a very short entry this evening. And here I am still rambling on. For my Francophile friends I have been listening to an incredible singer an Emilie Simon. I know she has been around for a couple years. Still, her most recent album shows how she is truly come into her own. She even has some English stuff mixed in there. Still, if you are going to listen to her you can’t beat French. All of the Romance Languages are so much more melodic than English. And her song Fleur de Saison is haunting and powerful at the same time. There is depth to it that much modern music is lacking. I only wish that my French was better than the light conversations I am capable of. To write about it you almost need to do it in French to do it justice.

American popular music has really suffered in the last decade. Thankfully we got out of the grunge thing. Still, rap never rebounded from when it slid downhill after Grand Master Flash. And don’t get me started on Britney Spears and that whole group of unfortunate super stars. I suppose we still have Harry Connick Jr. and a few others. Still, where are the Janis Joplins and Jimmy Hendricks.

I mean Emilie Simon has a song about buying flowers for a boy. She sings about being alone and in love with a boy. She is going to buy him flowers because she is so lonely and drawn to this boy that she has to do something to win his heart. Where is that Eminem or Justin Timberlake in that repetitive excrement you call music?

Sorry, that did off the rails a bit. Still, it would be nice to hear some more American Artists singing about something of substance. I suppose I am going to have to wait for the next Neil Young, Eric Clapton or Jewel Album.

Be safe out there and keep you stick on the ice. And thanks for the Prayers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't usually listen to the radio,the songs generally bother me. I got to listen to the radio for the first time in months and the song I heard was one where the guy is having a midnight phone call from his mistress.
Personally, I'll stick with bands that don't have radio overplayage that I heard about magically somehow.

Follow me at zeeppo on the twitter gizmo