Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Link Here - Fond Farewell to the Punk Rock Knit Girls

Just a couple things. Firstly if your blog links here let me know, I would like to post you. Also link here if you find it entertaining.

Work continues on The Marley. I have made up some icord with fingering weight yarn. I will knit it up Wednesday at the Waterfront Knitting Group.

I did want to breifly lament The Punk Rock Knit Girls going off line. Of couse they have the new Beta Blogger Punk Rock Knitters. Still, it was the first group blog that I joined. Like most knitting groups I have come across they were all female. Also like most knitting groups they were welcoming and freindly. They have also been tolerant of my strange knitting habits.

As the name implies they walk a slightly darker path in the Knitting World. Where I learned to knit we were not even allowed to knit in black. Although I have since then.

I suppose that it is a good thing that they are no longer a girl's club. It means that progress is being made in men retaking their place in knitting. Even if it is milimeter by milimeter.

After I left the circus I stopped knitting in public. I would only knit with the Clowns of my Troop or privately with other knitters I knew. Maybe I am getting older and simply do not care what people think. Or perhapse it was some encouragement from a dark sisterhood of knitters.

I may not be a drinker, still, I will raise a glass of a nice vintage of Roor Beer in memory of the Punk Rock Knit Girls. It is with a heavy heart that I have removed your link from my blog.

4 comments:

metal and knit said...

I agree with you it suddenly not only the blog but another I was with went bung.

Stephieface said...

I'll miss it too-
But hey! Here's to progress! :D

Lady Dragonsinger said...

www.trinityknot.blogspot.com links to here :)

LaurieG said...

I link! http://laurieg63.blogspot.com/ (Still My Life, With Knitting)

Follow me at zeeppo on the twitter gizmo