Tuesday, January 16, 2007

My Computer Died

On Saturday my computer died. Until I can save up for a new one I am going to only be able to post when I get to an internet Cafe.

A couple of Quick updates. The Judy Scarf is finished. The Brigade will be giving one last inspection of her this wednesday. Thanks to everyone that helped knit on her. She will have her first performance this Saturday and the Fashion Show in the Galleria at 2:00PM. If you have nothing else to do drop by. In fact if you do have something else to do cancel it and drop by anyway.

The Brigade looks as if we are going to settle on the design for Long Scarf 08 that has been dubed The Marley by Ddancer. This is a scarf knit from icord made on a Wonder Knitter or a simlar device ( we have no settled on that yet). A test swatch with five stitches that is a foot long has been made. The only draw back is that the curretn design will be close to fity pounds when finished and take more than four times the yarn it took to knit The Judy.

The test swatch is in stockenette stich and lays flat because the icord is so thick. Unfortunately one 5 on. skein makes less than a foot long section. If nothing else this is going to be one heavy duty scarf.

I will continue to answer email and other items when I can. Several people have asked me questions. I will get to them in my next entry.

Be safe out there and keep your stick on the ice.

1 comment:

Charissa said...

My deepest condolances on the death of your computer. I know the pain that causes.

Follow me at zeeppo on the twitter gizmo