Sunday, December 02, 2012

Typing



I wonder if I can type faster than I can speak? There are several programs out there that claim to be able to transcribe what you are saying into a word processor. I tried one a few years back. And after playing with it for more than a week it assumed words that I was not actually saying. Apparently I have such a funny accent the computer could not understand me.

I was watching the New Stephen Fry Gadget Show. On it they had someone using an updated version of that program with great ease. I am sure that company wants their product to be featured in the best light. So I am not sure if it really works as well as they claim it does.

I am not sure such a thing would serve me very well on the bus. Also I do not have to dictate when I am typing something out. I am not sure if I could get to the point where I would tell the computer where to end sentences and the like. I imagine that I would have one huge block of text without punctuation of any kind. Perhaps my spelling would be better. Although, now that I think of it, the computer would probably be suing the wrong words for this and that.  

Now if they could come up with a computer program that would tell me when know one care about what I am typing that might be something useful. Well be safe out there and keep your stick on the ice.

No comments:

Follow me at zeeppo on the twitter gizmo