Monday, December 17, 2012

The Pointless Christmas Gloves

The ill fated gloves have made another appearance. I somehow got it in my head that I needed the challenge of knitting a pair of gloves. I have eight fingers and a thumb done. Every year I get through couple more fingers. Then after I finish the second or third finger I come to realization that the entire project is pointless. And this is not the normal sort of knitting pointless. I was sitting around thinking of something that I had not knit and came up with the idea that I should knit gloves.

It is like someone the sees a mountain and thinks they need to get to the top of that. There is no good reason to be up there. There are no new mountains to climb. If I want to feel what it is like up there and can sit in a bath of ice water and look at a picture book. The same is true for knit gloves. First off there are too many young people in my life to wear knit gloves. At least half a dozen times a winter I find myself the target of a surprise snow ball assault. So I carry an nice insulated water proof set of gloves. I would not walk around in a knit coat. I would get wet in Pittsburgh.

Still the gloves are symbolic of Christmas in general. They are something that we do not need to do and still do it anyway. I am fairly sure Jesus would rather we do some volunteering instead of going into debt on his birthday.

Well just checking in. Be safe out there and keep your stick on the ice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Better than the pointless Christmas Scarf

Follow me at zeeppo on the twitter gizmo