Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Why the Army Needs to Knit & My Prayer Ring Died

Good morning Knitters and everyone else. It looks like I have a little spare time this afternoon so I may stop by and see the good knitters of Knit one at their Tuesday group. This will give me a chance to work on PS2. This particular one of for the sick draughter of Salvation Army officer who is going to the Southern Ohio and Kentucky Division in the moves in July. It is pink and purple and make from a children's acrylic sport weight. They name of the yarn escapes me at the moment.

In other Army knitting news there is another large haul of knitted items at Knit 1. Usually summer sees such things slow down. The donation of knitted items from the Charity knitting have continued to come in steadily in these warm months. This is in deed blessing. Some of these item took hours days and maybe weeks to make. For the non knitters reading this a sweater blanket or other large items is a fairly large sacrifice of time and sometime money.
It is truly a mitzvah and I thank all of those that continue to participate.



We have also had a couple of new countries visit the knitting blog.

The island nation of Mauritian. Bon Jour,comment allez vous. By the way my French is worst than my Spanish. And it is probably horrible compared to Creole. Well thank you for stopping by.
.
I have also had a visitor from Latvia. Don't worry I will not butcher you language here today.

If you are terribly observant or have too much time on you hands. You will note there is a new Web Ring on my blog. This is a the Sally Bloggers. Both of my long time readers may recall that I mention the Army from time to time here. When compared to knitting blogs that are not nearly as many Army blogs. For a while I did not think any existed. Apparently there are a few.

For Army people that may just be tuneing in. I am a Soldier at the Steel Vally Corps of The Salvation Army. I am also the Brigade Leader for our Clown Brigade. To the best of my knowledge we are the only Circus Style Clown Troop in the Army. Actually I do not know of any other Clown Troops in the Army. I have heard of some that meet for a few months and then do a show and this is it.

If you are in one let me know. I am curious about such things. Any way back to the subject I was wandering away from. I am a Master Clown and met my wife at the Shanksville Site of the 9/11 tragedy. My wife was a Captain in The Salvation Army. And I am currently waiting to be allowed to go to training.

Oh and if you are a Corps Officer In the USA East or Northern Southern Territory my Brigade is looking to do shows in far flung places. If you are interested email me. zeeppo_the_great@yahoo.com

Another sad thing the Internet prayer chair I was on abruptly dropped dead recently. I suppose I could go looking for another one. For the moment I am just going to post my prayer requests on this blog. I you have something you would like me to pray for leave a comment or email me.

Any way. I will be posting my prayer request in red:

Prayer for Several Fire Fighter who died in the Line of Duty in South Carolina last night.

Prayer for a Clown Brigade member who is going through a rough time emotionally and spiritually.

Prayer for the Clown Brigade's Summer Campaign in this Division.

By the way the Summer Campaigned reminds me we are going to be doing several shows this summer.

I need to go about my day now. Be safe out there and keep your stick on the ice.



1 comment:

metal and knit said...

I guess to some it is hard to know what a bright and cheerful sile handing over a blanket or a garment to someone in need is like. As simple as saying I love you it is. Someone cared enough to make this and then give it over to care for someone in need.

I pray there will be more like thse even in my own country where we have natural disasters of flooding and followed by cold temps and winds. The garment says Somebody Prayed for me! who it was dosent matter it was Someone who took the time to do so.

Maybe the song words will help http://www.xanga.com/Tikiman_PV

a fellow army person too

Follow me at zeeppo on the twitter gizmo