Friday, June 22, 2007

The Corps, The Brigade, PS2 - and Whatever Else Interupts my Thoughts

PS2 continues to get closer and closer to being finished. Another foot or so and it will be time to put on the fringe. I will try and get some pictures of it on Sunday. I have had one or two people suggest that I need more pictures. The bottom line is I am not a picture person. I have never owned a camera. Eventually I am sure I will break down and get one.

I have also had more suggestions about a pod cast. Well I don't know about that. I am fairly certain that if people saw how truly boring my life is they would loose interest.

The Yahoo Music thing has been playing the new White Stripes Song. Every time I think I am getting old I remember that I am still drawn to the kid's music. Well at least some of it. Any way besides have the usual sick guitar work Icky Thump takes a couple shots at American. Nothing too much probably a little less than we deserve. Still, it is nice to see a little conscience working it's was back into music.

As I am ramble on the station has switched to a Boston song. It is one of the reason I like the Yahoo radio. It is as divergent as my thoughts tend to be.

I have just finished the plot outlines for the first three fiction books. Chapter 1 of the first book is in the computer and the better part of chapter two is in note books waiting to be types in. At this rate I should have the first book of this series done by the end of summer. After the first book the second two should be fairly easy.

When I get the first chapter to where I am pleased with it I will probably put it up on line on one of those ebook things. Hmmmm I should talk to DDancer about how you go about doing a book site thing. She probably knows. Odd how I did computer in school and know next to nothing about the Internet. I do know about FORTRAN and COBOL. I suppose that is not helpful for the whole Internet thing though.

I have also been working on a sermon for this Sunday. Usually I sit down at the computer with the Bible and know a sermon out in a couple hours. The enemy has been working at our corps that last few weeks. We have fewer than thirty members and ten or so solders. The average age of our soldiers is 26 so they are are fairly young. There has been a great deal of internal strife the last few weeks.

It is sad there have been several indications that we were beginning to turn the corner on many front. Much of that came to a screeching halt last Sunday. I am thankful that at least the Brigade is still chugging along for the most part.

Well that is all that I have for the moment. Be safe out there and keep your stick on the ice.

No comments:

Follow me at zeeppo on the twitter gizmo