Thursday, May 31, 2007

World Tour Report Denny's in Monroeville

One of the problems with visiting all of the local knitting groups is that I have already visited many of them. On Wednesday I had the opportunity to visit a agroup that I had not been t yet.

This was the Knitting Group that meets on the Fifth monday or Wednesday at the Denny's in Monroewville.

This is another fairly exclectic group with people from various backrounds. The discussion went everywhere from knitting to religous and there was not the slightest friction within the group. Aubjects that would often cause fist fight were taken with a grain of sand and even made light of.

This always a pleasant thing to come across. I have come across groups that are not welcoming to outsiders. And I have also come across groups that claim to be and are not really. This group truely is a nice surprise for a stranger.

Something else that I noted about this group was the experince level of the average. Not to boast. But generally when i go to a knitting group I feel that I am in middle to upper half of the knitting groups as far as experince goes. At this particular group most of the people there were much more experinced than I am. I always enjoy hanging around more experince knitters. One can learn so much.

One of the reasons we have our knit together at The Bee Hive is so that we can haave food while we are knitting. This was the first Knit Together that I got a Hamburger at. What is not to like about that. Granted most there had salads. Fortunately being male I am not quite up to my idea weight yet and don't have to worry about such things.

Well if you have the time make sure you get out there and visit these folks a fun time is had by all.

As always visit the folks at www.pittsburghknitting.com for a complete list of local knitting groups.

Be safe out there and keep your stick on the ice.

1 comment:

ShannonAnn said...

I wonder if you can get a job as a knitting-group-reviewer. You could travel and visit different groups and let us know all about them. Basically, what you do now, just on a wider scale.

Follow me at zeeppo on the twitter gizmo