Saturday, May 19, 2007

Insainly Busy Day

I have been out and about all day. There was a carnival for my Corps. And when you are the only Corps in North America that has a clown Brigade there is no way to get out of it. There were not droves of children still, we all had a good time and I think a good time was had by the children. Which that is the important thing.

Our feline house guest continue to eat and get bigger. We are now convince that the black one is a girl and the grey one is a girl. So grey Boy is still small and Black Girl is still bigger. Grey boy must have been the runt of the litter.

Someone sent me an email asking if everything is alright with me. They thought because my posts have been shorter that something is wrong. Oddly they have been shorter because things are going well. I have been writing a set of books for several years now. I now have parts of seven books and not a single finished one. They are science fiction complicated and have been giving me heart burn for years. I have come to think of them as a sort of silly hobby that will never amount to anything.

In order to do the plot line justice it involves too many character and a great span of time. the only way to do it is in multiple parts. The beginning of the story has always been very dry. I have used it as the back parts for the other books. Still, it was never what I thought could be a book on it's own. Two weeks ago I started mapping out the back story just so that i had the time line right in my mind. The arc of the back story is simple and revolves around only a hand full of character making difficult decision that involve many others.

Last week I scribbled out some dialogue and the description of the place where the back story starts. A week later I had the first chapter. It has a clasic story arc and is doable in under three hundred pages. I have not be able to tear myself away from it.

On other fronts I was tagged by the Steel City Knitter for a bloggy thing. I will do it when I have figured out the seven people I can tag in return. It involves random facts about one self. And if my blog is this random by design it would be truly interested to have me attempt to be random.

Be safe out there and keep your stick on the ice.

No comments:

Follow me at zeeppo on the twitter gizmo