Monday, May 21, 2007

Monday Knitting & Mystery Male Knitter Update

A good evening should be had knitting. I have had a couple people contact me through the Yahoo group and another through the email thing. I am glad to see that rather than slowing down in the spring we continue to get new members. We still have a core of half a dozen members. Now the folks that come every so often is growing again as well. Last week we not only had a new person but the Mystery Male Knitter stopped by as well. I look forward to a good evening of knitting.

We did another show yesterday and the children and other enjoyed it. We had many people there that I have not seen before which is the point. As always we continue to make progress. By the end of the summer we should have a very good performing unit.

Th search for new clown goes very slowly. We have done very well with the people that we do have. We have done much better than I thought we would be able to. We do need a few more. We have sent flyers to the other Army Corps in the area and have had no reply. I am sure it would all work out in the end.

James was promoted to the rank of Jr. Clown at a short ceremony before the show. He has worked very hard for the last year and I am pleased that he has accomplished it. The first step is the hardest they say.

Chemo caps continue to pot out at an unnatural rate. I should finish up another one tonight.

On other knitting fronts The Mystery Male Knitter is working on his third double ball. If he does four more skeins than he will be the third person to make a super ball of icord all on his own. Oddly the only people to have achieved this are all male. this may be another male female knitting thing. I wonder if male are more likely to use a gadget than women. Well what ever it is there is also a contest going on between the Mystery Male Knitter and Flo at Knit 1. They are seeing who can make the most icord. At this point MMK is ahead in the race by a couple of skeins. If he does venture out from his secret lair tonight for Hive Knitting we will have more Marley yarn waiting for him.
I have not had enough to to respond to the tagging from the Steel City Knitter. I should have time for that on Tuesday. Be safe out there and keep your stick on the ice.

1 comment:

Charissa said...

OH CRAP! I meant to bring the kids and my palm pilot deleted everything. I totally forgot. I am such a lousy friend.

Follow me at zeeppo on the twitter gizmo