Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Short Posts

It is less than a a week before out first full show. I have been practicing with every spare moment. That and making chemo caps. Anyway life moves alone.

My brigade is think about doing the male version of the race for the cure. We would only have a month to make caps. Still, those are the punches.

Another odd twist has entered my journey in knitting. My mother has asked me to teacher her knitting. Time and time again the narrative of people learning to knit includes their mother teaching them. Not learning from clowns and then teaching their mothers. Still what can one?

I would like to note that classes at the bee Hive are plugging along and interest in classes at Knit 1 is growing even if slowly. We have several guests to the Hive Knitting group. A new woman who lies in Mt. Oliver and the famed male mystery knitter stopped by to work on The Marley. All and all an eventful day was had.

The Hive Knitting group is also another odd twist. With the addition of Tom and the male members of the Brigade who come regularly this group is now mostly male. To the best of my knowledge this is the only time I have been part of a group that is mostly male. I know there are male knitting groups in other larger cities. Still, I have never heard of a group being open to all and being mostly male by accident. Not that i am saying that male knitting groups are closed to women. the only male knitting group that i attended was in Toronto years ago. And even though it was billed as a male knitting group girl Friends and wives often out numbered the men. I don't know how that worked but it.

I would like to note that we will still be meeting Monday the 28th. Also we will be celebrating our 1 year anniversary party at The Hive. There will be a cake what more can you want. I would like to invited every one that come sporadically or who has not come for a while to come. i good time will be had by all.

Well be safe out there and keep your stick on the ice.

4 comments:

Charissa said...

That's weird. My mom's bugging me to teach her too.

metal and knit said...

Funny even now I have to reteach my mother what shes doing sometimes.

I hope your Brigade are able to bring a blessing to each person who sees your show and that they are each touched in a way from what your express.

I just put some old Timbrels and Guard photos that I am in up look at the great old bonnets on our girls.

Anonymous said...

I tagged you in the "Seven Random Facts about Me" meme. You are invited to play along. Also, there are 7 great machine knitting blogs listed in my post at The Knitting Fiend, so let's see more.)

Anonymous said...

I tagged you in the "Seven Random Facts about Me" meme. You are invited to play along. Also, there are 7 great machine knitting blogs listed in my post at The Knitting Fiend, so let's see more.)

Follow me at zeeppo on the twitter gizmo