Tuesday, February 27, 2007

The Knit List & Black Yarn

Once upon a time when the only knitting thing on the Internet was the knit list I joined it. No one was working on the sorts of things that I usually work on. In addition there was a lot of sniping at one another. At one point I don't think you could go through a day with out some one saying something incredibly rude about someone else.

Well no one is knitting things like I do. I wasn't really expecting anyone to be knitting sweaters for three people or knitting a scarf you can tie up a tug boat with. By the way no one better trying tethering their ship to a dock with one of my long scarves. There are some things that clowns will fight over.

Any way I have received sixty or seventy messages from the Knit List. Each one of them was polite and about knitting. The knitting world has either grown or they have a really good group of List Mom's.

Also after my first post visitors to this blog jumped. This is a good thing as well. I have not seen many knitting blogger with a link to the Knit List. Do the List people not get along with the blog people? For a while I thought The Knit List had gone away.

And is it The Knit List like The Salvation Army with a capital The or just the Knit List?

Also I have been knitting some black socks on 2 mm needles. I have been using a nice wool and acrylic mix. It is a supper wash wool so I don't have to worry about washing it.

Anyway Ewe can Knit Down Town Pittsburgh carries it and a nice cotton sock yarn as well. It's great to have a source for the yarns you like.

Be safe out there and keep your stick on the ice.

No comments:

Follow me at zeeppo on the twitter gizmo