Sunday, February 18, 2007

Good Day at Charity Knitting

A great day was had a Charity Knitting. Not only are there several things at Knit 1 there were several new people there today. I always like to meet new knitters.

On the up side the young man who has not wanted to knit publicly completed his first scarf today. He finger knit three strips and knit one set of ends together. He then braided them and knit the other end together. All an all a good first project.

I would say more about this young man. Unfortunately he is part of the ever growing male underground Knitting World. One day we will all rise up and retake the knitting world. Remember I warned you.

Today I received some more yarn from Ddancer for Marley test swatches. Some of it was so exciting that I have to make up a swatch right there and then. The new batch is mostly acrylic and has some very exciting possibilities. I am even considering one that is not Mexicana. I know I am surprised as you are. We will make up a few more swatches tomorrow at Hive Knitting. We should have a decision on what we are going to make The Marley from on Wednesday. I may even have pictured of the swatches by then.

I am also fairly sure which Icord Machine from Bond has taken the place of the Magicord Maker. I have still not received a reply from the Bond people. Still, what can you do? Everything is coming together. The Marley will be super cool and that is all that really counts.

Be safe out there and keep you stick on the ice.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Lovin the new colors. Although I have to admit I never saw the old ones, I still love these. Post some FO's though, man!

Follow me at zeeppo on the twitter gizmo