Monday, November 27, 2006

Yarn-a-Knit-a-Chrochet-a-Thing

I did not get home till super late. Hive Knitting went until after 11. We had some more triple knitting this evening. We had like fifty people there. Well not really fifty, still it was special. For long time readers of this blog may remember when I started this group. The first meeting the group had four women show up. The next week not a single one of them showed up again. I figured that I scared them all off. Well for nearly a year not a single one of them has come back.

A lady who came to that first meeting came back today. I feel much better knowing that I did not offend them all. At least one of them was not totally disturbed by me.

On knitting news the new super scarf is plugging along. We had three people working on it again. Oh and other clown knitting stuff I did speak with the person in charge of the Pittsburgh Yarn Festival type thing today. And to my surprise she was not totally repulsed by the idea of knitting clowns showing up for their conference. I find that if I expect people to hate my guts they it is a pleasant surprise when someone does not. It does not happen very often, still, it is nice when it happens.

Anyway back to the Yarn Extravaganza. She is willing to talk about letting us have a table at the Yarn-o-Rama. She also wants to include us in other aspect of the Yarn-a-Palusa. I am excited that she does not want to hide us in a closet. That is what my wife like to do when company comes over.

Well I sorry I do not have more time. It is getting late and I have to work on occasion.

be safe out there and keep your stick on the ice.

2 comments:

Charissa said...

Cool! Our Wednesday knitting group is going to take over that place, lol. You need to ask her if she'll let you submit a clown scarf to the fashion show.

Anonymous said...

Congrats Steve, that's awesome! I missed the festival last year but will be sure to make it this year. If only David Arquette was planning on showing...

Follow me at zeeppo on the twitter gizmo