Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Computer Stuff & Charity Knitting

Adventure in knitting have been complicated with computer adventures. A rather odd virus has been bothering my computer.

I am still having trouble posting pictures. It would be super nice if they would fix their gizmo. I am getting used to using the Word Press version of Blogger. It appears that they are more stable. I don’t want to switch but I may not have a choice at this rate.

On an actual knitting front I have email the person in charge of the Pittsburgh Knitting Conference, or Yarn Show. I asked for a Booth for Charity Knitting. I even offered to be entertaining if it would help. I have already spoke with the Clown Brigade and they are more than willing to help out.

If we are allowed to have a booth it should be entertaining. I recall going to a Yarn Festival many years ago with a group of clowns. There was the male thing that was even more novel back then. We also had nine guys going about in a group knitting. There were people that nearly had heart attacks. According to my mentor he was attacked by Elisabeth Zimmerman at a Yarn Show. Well knowing B it was probably the other way around. He was an avid English Style Knitter who was put off by my desire to knit Continental Style.

As for the Clown Brigade practice goes on as usual and we are getting ready for the Spring which is traditionally the start of the busy season for such groups. Like the troop I came from everyone is working in a production skill. In our case we have all concentrated on Knitting. I don’t think I have ever been part of a troop were ever member knit. It is very interesting. If I ever get a real digital camera I will have to take pictures of one of our practices.

On the personal knitting front all of the knitting I have been doing is for presents. If I talk about them I will give away the surprise. So I will have to wait till I have something no present related.

I just had a brilliant idea. I very nice lady that works with me want a scarf. I should knit her one using that woven pattern that was in the last Vogue Knitting. Well something like that woven pattern. I will putter around with it and change it some. I have not done anything like that in years. I suppose it is off to Knit 1 for some Super Wash in the near future.

There is knitting at the Waterfront today and I am getting ready to head out that way. I will finish up a secret project I am working on today. I should get some feed back from them.

Well everyone have a good day. I will post Yarn Man this evening. Everybody be safe out there and keep your stick on the ice.

No comments:

Follow me at zeeppo on the twitter gizmo