Wednesday, November 08, 2006

A Couple of Notes - Charity Knitting - Hello Iowa

Just a couple of notes before I go off to knitting and practice today.

Number one the Charity Knit people have been super charitable. In the last few week they have made three large shopping backs full of items for our shelter. It is full of baby afgans scarves hats and the like. I will be meeting with the new Shelter Director soon so I can get an updated list on what is needed. I just wanted to take a moment to thank everyone that knitted or crocheted for this project thus far. I also want to thank Knit 1 for hosting the event.

There are a couple more country updates that I will do officially when I get the little button flag things for those nations. I continue to be amazed by the number of people from all over the world that get to this thing through google. Maybe I will have to start writting the occassional useful item.

I have also just found a nice little blog called the Iowa Chicks Knitting. The only requirement was that you had lived in Iowa at some point. Heck I have lived in almost every state for at least a week at one point or another. In Iowa I actually had an apartment and I worked there. That makes it like a second home to a Gypsy like me.

The blog is in Word Press that I never used before. I posted a test comment to make sure I was posting correctly and it posted. I also don't know how to take it down. So my first post there is a goofy test comment. Well they let me post there so they must be used to goofy. Still, Iowa is one of those places that is a little different in general. I think they like it that way. Well, Hello Iowa. And if anyone is reading this from Iowa I will be in the Davenport area for Christmas. Are there any good groups meeting that week?

No comments:

Follow me at zeeppo on the twitter gizmo