Sunday, November 19, 2006

Sunday Adventures

has been an insanely busy week. In addition to that I have had issues with Blogger and various other little things. If I have any fans out there I apologies. Despite craziness in getting on the computer knitting has continued none the less. I have several items that are tumbling in the washer as we speak. Even though I may not be the biggest fan on wool and natural fibers I do like felting. I have made a few little people and a couple box type things to be felted.

On other fronts the attempts to find employment in knitting continue to fail. Apparently no one needs a knitting teaching in Allegheny County. Well what can I do? I gave it a shot. I suppose I will have to make a buck on the making knitting needles. It is odd. I have always been able to find a way to do the things I want to in the past. I suppose knitting is just different.

Off on a slight tangent, has anyone heard Christina Aguilera song Candyman. I have always liked the big band thing. Maybe I was born in the wrong decade. Well at least she is fully clothed in the video. I did have a friend from Africa joke that American Women can not afford enough clothing and he wondered what we did in the Winter. Thank you Brittany Spears. Ah and Evanesence video came on the Yahoo video thing. Tortured Brunette angst. Amy Lee has a much better angst than Tori Amos. A love Tori Amos but sometimes after a few of her songs I look out over the three rivers and wonder how one gets to the top of one of the Bridges to throw myself off.

Back to knitting the good folks at the Knit 1 had another bag of objects knit for Charity Knitting. The whole Charity Knitting thing has been a lot more productive than I thought it would be. I figured it would yield a dozen or so items a month. It continues to surprise me at the amount of things people make. Today’s haul yielded a couple baby blankets a half dozen scarves and a couple sets of baby booties and caps. And that has only been in the last week or so. Well I would like to thank the Knit 1 people for hosting this and the countless generous people of Pittsburgh who are knitting for it.

Well those were my for today. Being that I have the better part of this week off I should have no problem getting all of my postings in.

Be safe out there and keep you stick on the ice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Steve!
Have you tried Michael's? I talked to someone at the one near the South Hills Village mall about a month ago about teaching knitting classes and they gave me an application (which is halfway completed and sitting here on my desk). Don't know if they are still looking at this point but it's an option.

Follow me at zeeppo on the twitter gizmo