Wednesday, November 08, 2006

A Wonderful Day - All Floors Must Die

A wonderful day was had knitting. Three of the knitters I have been teaching at Hive Knitting were able to make the Waterfront Knitting group. We were also able to hit the Michael’s in the Waterfront as well. Among our little group were three male knitters. It is truly fun hitting a yarn isle in a big box craft store with the guys. A single male can be ignored. Or it can be assumed they are buying stuff for their wife. Three guys talking about projects and yarn types is just a little freaky. The staff stops and looks, women with their children hide in the next isle.

Well it was not that dramatic, still, it was cool.

The blogger is still having trouble uploading pictures. I was only able to get one up. I have a bib to post and progress to show. I am unhappy.

The only picture I did get up was this one of a caster from my knitting case. From those of you that I have visited you may know about the olive green fishing tackle box I keep my stuff in. In this case I am able to keep three sets of needles, several skeins of yarn, books, chattering plastic teeth, some pencil balloons, a balloon pump, notebooks and a few other things. I have several people I am teaching and the odd child that needs a balloon. I won this thing as a door prize at last year’s Christmas Party.

Up and till then I was stuffing what I could in a gym bag or my Apparatus Bag {Juggling Bag}. I immediately pressing this thing into service as my new knitting tote {well it was new then}. This thing has been abused in ways that the manufacturer never though of. I do not drive, so I take it everywhere on the bus. It has been there for every step of the world tour and everyone I taught to knit in the last year. This thing now looks like it has been through the entire European Campaign of WWII.

Beside the appearance the only things that it is truly lacking is a good set of wheels. Today I purchased the seventh set of wheels for this thing. The original wheels snapped off after only three weeks. I cut off what was left of them and started putting on casters. Every other month I have put on a different set to try and find a set that will work. This is picture of the most recent wheel to be destroyed.

As always I am open to suggestions. I even found a set of steel wheeled caster that would probably tear up every floor they run across. Well, sacrifices must be made for knitting. And if every piece of linoleum I walk across must die then so be it.

Be safe out there and keep your stick on the ice.

4 comments:

LaurieG said...

Balloons! Zeep, I never even thought -- I do the occasional balloon too. If you make it back to the B&N on the Second World Knitting tour, or I make it to the Hive maybe you can teach me a couple new twists.

LaurieG said...

Balloons! Zeep, I never even thought -- I do the occasional balloon too. If you make it back to the B&N on the Second World Knitting tour, or I make it to the Hive maybe you can teach me a couple new twists.

LaurieG said...

Just wanted to say that I did NOT post the same comment twice. Blogger burped or something.

But now I've commented three times. If this one shows up twice I'm just gonna call it a night...

roxtarc said...

you know it's a good day when the woman & children hide from you....

(that cracked me up)

Follow me at zeeppo on the twitter gizmo