Saturday, November 11, 2006

Further Experiments

Just a couple random notes about this and that. Firstly I have noted that the United Kingdom has caught up with Australia as far as visitors go. They may even get close to supplanting Canada as the second most populace nation to visit this blog. I am not sure what this tells me about the knitting or blogging world in general. Still, it an interesting fact to note. I suppose since this blog is in English it would make sense that English speaking nations would be at the top of the list. If that is the case then there must be a lot of English speaking people in Finland, that is also moving quickly up the list. If anyone else has insights into this I would like to know.

Blogger is still having trouble posting multiple pictures. I have resorted to signing up for a photobucket account. This is super inefficient for the Sunday Comics. For those of you who know my church know this is a super busy time. I am also considering another blog that will house some of the less knitting relevant things that I go on about. With blogger being such a pain I have considered dumping it all together. Well blogger not the blog.

Onto knitting things I did not get a chance to do much today. I lament that I may not get a chance to do much in the next couple months. I worked on a bit of a scarf and experimented by felting a swatch. I am going to make some little people and felt them. I have a couple of the people finished and will felt them when I get the time.

I have also been using the experimental wooden needles for a couple weeks now. The finish is still good and think it may be time for the next phase. I figure the next phase will be to make some relatively normal needles and give them to some people to try out. From what I have read about people who are making their own needles their finishes do not sound that great. Most use some kind of latex paint and I have not read of anyone using the process that I am. Still, it is good to see that it is working. Perhaps the people I have read about do not have much wood working experience. Maybe they are just doing it for yucks. Well at any rate further experimentation is what is called for.

Be safe out there and keep your stick on the ice.

No comments:

Follow me at zeeppo on the twitter gizmo